I made this prawn curry the other day and it was so nice I thought I would share the recipe with you all. I love a good curry but this one was slightly different and not too spicy (although I love spice!) and a similar taste to korma.. but better!
So here is what I used to serve 2:
2 tbsp Massaman curry paste (I got mine from Asda)
1 x 400g tin coconut milk
150g new potatoes (cut into half or quarters)
1 x cinnamon stick
2 cardamom pods (squashed)
200g raw king prawns
1 tsp brown sugar
2 limes one juiced, and one quartered to serve
1 tbsp fish sauce
Sliced red chilli to serve
You can also add toasted peanuts but I have a fussy boyfriend so didn’t use these!
The recipe is really easy to make and doesn’t take long.
1. First you cook the massaman paste and the thick bit of the coconut milk for a few minutes until it becomes fragrant. I also par boiled the potatoes as I didn’t think they would cook through by adding them at a later stage.
2. Then add the rest of the coconut milk to the massaman paste and simmer for a minute.
3. Add the potatoes, cinnamon, cardamom and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the prawns, sugar, lime and fish sauce, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the prawns are just cooked and pink.
5. You can then sprinkle over the chilli and peanuts if using and serve with rice.